The works consisted of the initial strip out of existing facilities & rebuild of the new public conveniences. The principal acvies for the works to construct a New Public Convenience.
Thorpe Park Public Toilets
March - April 2017
- Two phase programme of refurbishment to D Block education building.
- Phase 1 to replace flat roof and glazing, (undertaken while classrooms remained operational by rolling programme of decanting areas)
- Phase 2 was complete refurbishment of 3 internal floors and demolition of redundant annex
- Refurbishment works surveyed and designed by H P Contracts
- Close working with Client to agree suitable products and colours for flooring and decorative finishes.
- Support from building consultant ensured proposals passed all Building Control and Planning Applications
- Significant asbestos removal works undertaken
- Internal structural alterations to block up existing openings and create new doorways.
- Installation of new partitioning to meet changing teaching demands.
- Existing ceilings removed and new higher performing acoustic suspended ceilings installed
- Complete re-decoration and replacement flooring (Carpet tiles & vinyl) throughout undertaken along with new partitioning, suspended ceilings, complete re-decoration and extensive flooring works throughout.
- Extensive Electrical re-wiring and data installation with new modular lights throughout
- Mechanical works to modify existing heating system to suit new rooms.
- Toilet refurbishment of all facilities, modifying drainage layouts and installing integrated duct sets and vanity units
The project required the internal alteration & refurbishment of the existing Calypso public toilets at Thorpe Park. The scheme was designed & built by HP Contracts to specification & CAD drawings prepared by our inhouse Design team. The works required careful logistical planning since they had to be completed while the park remained open to the public.
For visual acceptability white melamine faced chipboard with plastic finishing trim to edges was used as solid hoarding with gate to segregate the works. This was locked at all mes to control access to authorised personnel only, prevent the works being visible to outsiders & help contain noise & dust.
All material deliveries & waste removal had to be scheduled outside park opening hours, no movement of materials allowed when the public were in the park. Close focus kept on housekeeping to ensure there was no waste trails & no plant or tools left unattended.
The works required the internal strip out of the existing facilities, construction of low level stud paron walls for new wash basin island installations & laminate cubicle dividers, doors, vanity units & duct sets. Automated aluminum roller shutter fitted to the Ladies toilet. Sanitaryware installed with automated Dart Valley Controls to the urinals & Douglas Delabie Tempostop 2 push button taps with an-blocking system to reduce maintenance. All walls were finished in matte white tiles installed in a brick bond pattern. Flooring in non-slip vinyl & existing suspended ceiling was cleaned. Sundry fittings included grab rails, mirrors, baby change units, soap & toilet roll dispensers. External entrance ramps installed to toilet entrances.
All works were completed using inhouse trades except for the specialist electrical requirements which were sub-contracted. Weekly meetings & walkabouts over the works with client & sub-contractor throughout the project duration were held to ensure progress to the programme, budget & quality expectations.
Health & Safety was constantly reviewed to ensure works undertaken in a satisfactory manner & protection of the public was maintained.
If you are planning an office fit out, partitioning, external works or anything in-between please contact us, we will call you back as soon as possible to discuss how we can help you improve your work space.
Please click on the link below to contact us or call the office on 02380 273 737.