St John’s College
External Cladding and Window replacement complete internal refurbishment of D Block
St Johns College
St John’s College
Works started 14th October 2014 but completed in two phases (12 weeks & 9 weeks)
- Two phase programme of refurbishment to D Block education building.
- Phase 1 to replace flat roof and glazing, (undertaken while classrooms remained operational by rolling programme of decanting areas)
- Phase 2 was complete refurbishment of 3 internal floors and demolition of redundant annex
- Refurbishment works surveyed and designed by H P Contracts
- Close working with Client to agree suitable products and colours for flooring and decorative finishes.
- Support from building consultant ensured proposals passed all Building Control and Planning Applications
- Significant asbestos removal works undertaken
- Internal structural alterations to block up existing openings and create new doorways.
- Installation of new partitioning to meet changing teaching demands.
- Existing ceilings removed and new higher performing acoustic suspended ceilings installed
- Complete re-decoration and replacement flooring (Carpet tiles & vinyl) throughout undertaken along with new partitioning, suspended ceilings, complete re-decoration and extensive flooring works throughout.
- Extensive Electrical re-wiring and data installation with new modular lights throughout
- Mechanical works to modify existing heating system to suit new rooms.
- Toilet refurbishment of all facilities, modifying drainage layouts and installing integrated duct sets and vanity units
- See organogram for structure of contract management team to deliver the works in D Block
- Early meeting with Client to agree logistics, project specification and budget for refurbishment
- Survey of building and creation of design drawings by our in house CAD team
- Preparation of detailed bill of quantities, value engineering and agreement of contract figure
- Placement of orders for sub-contractors and joint meeting with Client to agree programme
- Regular joint site meetings throughout to co-ordinate works and allow multi-trade activity to be undertaken con-currently; essential in order to meet tight programme and allow staff sufficient time to prepare classrooms ready for use
- Ongoing quality review of installation by pre-meeting walkabout with Client and immediate rectification of any snags
- Handover meeting upon completion with training and manuals provided
If you are planning an office fit out, partitioning, external works or anything in-between please contact us, we will call you back as soon as possible to discuss how we can help you improve your work space.
Please click on the link below to contact us or call the office on 02380 273 737.