Spire Southampton Hospital – Day Care
HP Contracts undertook the full design of the refurbishment works. The inhouse CAD team surveyed the site and produced fully annotated drawings for Client approval.
Spire Hospital - Day Care
- Sub-contractors were appointed at an early stage so that they worked co-operatively with our designers to ensure a fully integrated services solution.
- Extensive meetings during mobilisation to discuss site set up and logistics since department remained open to patients and surgical procedures continued to be undertaken throughout the works.
- Primary health & safety focus on noise and dust. Temporary solid hoarding erected for part of works to contain the construction of new walls, their plastering & decoration & replacement flooring works.
- Access for construction labour and materials to work area via temporary external scaffold to eliminate cross over of operatives and hospital staff, patients and visitors.
- Site Manager permanently on site to liaise with Staff on a daily basis for the scheduling of works especially when work commenced on the individual booths so in the public areas.
- Works included the installation of new traditional metal frame and quartz frameless glass partitioning incorporating sliding glass doors.
- New suspended ceilings with integral lighting and bespoke bulkheads with feature spot lights.
- Over 250sqm carpet and vinyl flooring replaced.
- Bespoke curved walnut veneer reception desk with glass top designed and built using inhouse joiners in our own workshop before disassembly and reconstruction in position to minimise on site assembly time. Co-ordinating storage panelling behind desks with stainless steel projection mounted logo and lettering. Matching panelling installed to each treatment room.
- Treatment rooms all individually fitted out with medical gases, climate control units & staff wash stations.
- Replacement walnut veneer doors & frames also fabricated off site and supplied complete with ironmongery to expedite on site installation.
- All works undertaken to Building Control approval.
- Regular minuted meetings on site throughout the works to ensure installations to design & specification & highest quality standards. Logistics were also constantly reviewed to ensure minimal disruption to hospital functioning.
- Upon completion full training provided on all equipment installed and Operations and Maintenance Manual handed over in compliance with CDM regulations.
If you are planning an office fit out, partitioning, external works or anything in-between please contact us, we will call you back as soon as possible to discuss how we can help you improve your work space.
Please click on the link below to contact us or call the office on 02380 273 737.